Blueberry and Custard Pastries
A hot dessert is the perfect end to any camp meal. These pastries are as easy as they are scrumptious - let's take a look at how they come together.
- Fresh blueberries (any berries would work - fresh, frozen or freeze dried).
- Organic custard - not too sweet (a thicker style is best).
- Puff pastry.
- Lightly coat the jaffle iron with spray oil.
- Trim a base layer of pastry and lay it in to position.
- Dollop in a portion of custard being careful not to overload your iron.
- Place in the blueberries.
- Trim a top layer of pastry and lay it in place.
- Seal the jaffle iron and lay it in the coals.
- It's best to cook these for longer on a cooler heat to prevent the outside burning and to make sure the inside cooks through.
- Check one side is golden brown and then rotate.