- Fresh blueberries (any berries would work – fresh, frozen or freeze dried).
- Custard – not too sweet (a thicker style is best).
- Puff pastry.
- Jaffle iron. Ours is the Snow Peak Tramezzino.
- Bed of coals (gas stoves are fine too). Here we are using the Snow Peak BBQ Box.
- Spray oil (or alternative).
- Lightly coat the jaffle iron with spray oil.
- Trim a base layer of pastry and lay it in to position.
- Dollop in a portion of custard being careful not to overload your iron.
- Place in the blueberries.
- Trim a top layer of pastry and lay it in place.
- Seal the jaffle iron and lay it in the coals.
- It’s best to cook these for longer on a cooler heat to prevent the outside burning and to make sure the inside cooks through.
- Check one side is golden brown and then rotate.
This dessert needs so few ingredients and is quick, easy and delicious - give it a go!